Dec. 22nd

As I sit here in Memphis, I realized that it has been a month and a half since I had written. Tons of things have happened since my last writing. First, we have decided to move our area in which we are planting. We are moving to a town called Kapolei. Kapolei did not exist 10 years ago. Today, well over 30,000 people live in this area. In the next 10 years, 12,000 more houses will go in and the University of Hawaii is moving half of their current campus to this area. The state and local governments are also moving their offices to Kapolei. Because of all the movement, they call Kapolei "The Second City". This area is growing with all ethnicities and is growing rapidly. We are going to plant a church right in the middle of it. We feel very confident about this being the area where God wants us. We had felt a wall in Kaneohe and could never find peace about going there. But now that we have turned to this area, a greater excitement has come into our lives.

We are currently waiting for God to sell our house and put a core team together. These are two of the things we felt God would do. Someone once asked me if these things did not happen would we wait? I foolishly said yes, but I was reminded recently that we don't put our yes on the table with conditions. We put our yes on the table without knowing if God is going to do these things, but in following His invitation to this work.

What conditions have you put on your yes to God? Our's were: our house selling, being debt free, having a core team, all of our money being in place. However, we believe that these are just us telling God that we will go if He will do these things. We trust Him ad realize that He wants us in this without condition, so here we go, without condition. We will spend our last day at Urbancrest March 4th and then probably fly out that following weekend. Please pray for us as we pack, try to get our house sold and move. I also will need to find a temp job in February. Urbancrest will be paying us through January. It has been a blessing and honor to serve with them, now to serve the people of Hawaii.

The YES is Unconditional,

Shawn Peoples

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I need your prayers! Especially when I cannot make a decision I need to make!

Hurt people hurt people when they don't know they are hurt!

The past seven days! Im about to bury my friend and what I have learned in those days!